The new PhoenixMiner beta version with ETCHash support is ready.
You can download PhoenixMiner 5.4b from here:
The file contains the link to download the .zip archive and the password (
phoenix) to unlock it.
Inside the archive you will find a file README.txt with installation instructions.
- New kernels for AMD Vega and Navi GPUs that are slightly faster when the DAG buffer is approaching or passing 4GB in size (the current ETH DAG is close to 4GB). To use these new kernels, you need to use drivers 20.5.1 or later under Win10, or 20.10.x or later under Linux
- Automatic re-running auto-tune as needed when switching to a different DAG buffer type (e.g. when switching from ETH to ETC, or back)
- Added support for the latest AMD Windows 10 drivers 20.12.1 and 20.11.3
- Fixed crash when trying to set -mvddc on very old AMD drivers (including the beta blockchain drivers from 2017)
- Other small fixes and improvements
Some notes on the best (or at least some of the better) drivers for AMD cards:
If you have 6GB or 8GB card that is at least Polaris (i.e. 470/480/570/580, Vega, Radeon VII, Navi), you should run at least driver 20.5.1 under Windows 10, or driver 20.10.x under Linux.
If you have 4GB Polaris card (i.e. 470/480/570/580), ideally you should also run drivers 20.5.1 or later. At the very least the drivers should be either 126.96.36.199 to 19.7.5 (inclusive), or 19.12.2 and later. Under Linux, drivers 19.x.x or 20.x.x should be OK for 4GB cards.
Avoid using the 20.40.x, and 20.45.x drivers under Linux.
How to start mining Ethereum Classic
Here is a full command-line example for mining ETC (IMPORTANT: replace the ETC address with your own ETC wallet address in the -wal option, Rig001 is the name of the rig):
PhoenixMiner.exe -pool eu1-etc.ethermine.org:4444 -wal 0xdBa4C80E8a1298228D31D822dAe069Fd624D7B16.rig001 -coin etc
PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://eu1-etc.ethermine.org:5555 -wal 0x6481c50D9df43314e660716F6dB58f04de71ae0e.Rig001 -coin etc
Here are a couple of epools.txt lines for ETC mining:
POOL: ssl://eu1-etc.ethermine.org:5555, WAL: 0x6481c50D9df43314e660716F6dB58f04de71ae0e.Rig001, COIN: etc
POOL: etc-eu1.nanopool.org:19999, WAL: 0x6481c50D9df43314e660716F6dB58f04de71ae0e.Rig001, COIN: etc