PhoenixMiner 5.2c (still beta) is ready with some fixes.
You can download PhoenixMiner 5.2c from here:
The file contains the link to download the .zip archive and the password (
phoenix) to unlock it.
Inside the archive you will find a file README.txt with installation instructions.
The fixes in this release (since 5.2a) include the following:
- Fixed some issues with allocation failures and crashes with some 8GB AMD cards when mining ETH or ETC
-dagrestartis set to 1 whenever
-daglimit-daglimit is active for 4GB AMD cards
The fixes in this release (since 5.1) include the following
- The kernels are modified to allow bigger DAG limit of 4023 MB under Windows. This will get the hashrate back to 100% on current epoch, and the next epoch will only lose about 2-3% of the hashrate.
-daglimparameter is now on "auto" (1) by default and it sets the DAG limit to 4023, so you don't need to set
-daglim 4023if the default value is working fine.
- AMD cards with more than 4 GB RAM will now work without issues until DAG epoch 450
- Added new
-daglimparameter to allow a few more weeks of work for 4 GB AMD Polaris cards. Use
-daglim 1for automatic operation, or specify a concrete value for the maximum DAG size (example:
-daglim 4000will set max DAG size 4000 MB)
-rxboostparameter (also accessible via
-vmr) to boost the performance of GDDR5 based AMD cards (Polaris or earlier)
- Added memory straps support for AMD Vega cards. Use the
-strapscommand-line option to activate it (example:
-straps 1will activate the lowest strap level)
- The Nvidia memory timing (straps) option is improved and now is turned off during DAG generation to avoid any possible instability issues
- Many other small improvements and fixes
Here are some additional notes:
- With PhoenixMiner 5.2c either remove the
-daglimoption entirely, or set it to
-daglim 4023, which should work on all 470/480/570/580/590 cards with "good" drivers (see bellow)
-daglimoption works only on Polaris cards (RX470, RX480, RX570, RX580, RX590). It limits the DAG size to <n> MB to allow mining on 4 GB cards a few weeks after epoch 374 on Windows (or after 380-383 on Linux). The possible values are the exact DAG limit in MB, or 0 (turn off the DAG limit), or 1 (automatic DAG limit size, usually around 4023 MB under Windows; this is the default option). Note that the hashrate will drop significantly with each epoch after the DAG limit is in effect. If the hashrate drops too much (e.g. from 28 MH/s to just 2-3 MH/s, you need to use lower value, for example
- It is also important to use auto-tune (do not specify
-gtvalues in the command line) because the optimal -gt value may change with each new epoch, and will definitely be different than before.
- If you cards doesn't work with the default DAG limit of 4023 and require substantial decrease to 4006 or 3990, you need to update to one of the "good" AMD drivers for Windows: from 126.96.36.199 to 19.7.5 (inclusive), and from 19.12.2 to 20.11.1 (inclusive)
-strapson AMD cards requires running as administrator (or as root under Linux), so you need to run PhoenixMiner as administrator for the VRAM timing options to work. Note that the
-mtoption will still work without running as administrator/root.
-rxboostoption is only supported on GDDR5 cards (RX4xx/RX5xx or older).
- The VRAM timing options can be quite different between the GPUs, even when the GPUs are the same model. Therefore, you can (and probably should) specify the VRAM timing options separately for each GPU.